What is a Monkey Wrench Plumbing Happy Call?
Have you ever had an experience with a service company that was out of this world amazing or downright disappointing? What did you do in that situation?
Did you submit a review or talk about it on social media? What happened after that? Did the company see it? Did they respond? Did you really feel heard and taken care of by that company?
At Monkey Wrench Plumbing, we believe our service should not end once we leave your home. To ensure we always strive to give you excellent customer service, we adopted the “happy call system.”
In this article, I will walk you through what a happy call is, what happens during that call, and how we use that information (positive or constructive) to improve our services.
What is a Happy Call?
Happy calls are a way we make sure we’re providing consistent quality service to you. It’s a:
- Mindset - If you’re working with us, we want you to have an excellent plumbing appointment. So, we start with a team whose focus is on giving you the best service possible.
- Service - We also personally call you after your appointment to see how we lived up to our 5-star promise. Did we blow you away? Great! Is there something we could have done better? We want to hear it all!
I like to think of these two points as a goal and a way to reach it. If you want to read more about how we get our mindset, read this post about our core values.
What Can You Expect from a Happy Call?
Here is what you can expect from a happy call. We will:
- Contact you - We’ll send a text right after your appointment, and we'll also give you a call within the next few days.
- Ask how your service was - We will ask on a scale of 1-10 how well we committed to our promise of 5-star service, with one being absolutely horrible and ten being the best appointment you’ve ever had, and you can’t wait to talk to your friends about it.
- Ask the reason for your rating - We want to know what we did well or could have done better.
- Answer any questions - We will answer any additional questions about your service or even general plumbing questions.
Remember, you can take your time thinking about how your appointment went. The happy call is your time, so don’t feel rushed. Think of your experience from when you called for an appointment to when your technician left your home.
How Do We Use Happy Calls?
Happy calls are just one step in an action plan to craft a great customer experience. Having a moment to connect with you after your appointment is essential, but for happy calls to really be worthwhile, we need to do something with the information we get. Here’s how we use that information.
We let our team know during our Monday morning meetings, check-ins, and business reports if our customers had an excellent service call. We love helping people, and we want to celebrate that success. Your positive feedback lets our Monkey Wrench Crew know their hard work is paying off.
We then continue to build on those successes by reinforcing good habits during Monday meetings.
If we fell short, we want you to give it to us straight so we can learn from the experience. We will ask you:
- Where we fell short during the process
- How the oversight made you feel
- What we can do today to correct the issue
These crucial questions help us identify what we can improve on and give us insight into how to train our team to be better and improve from past experiences. We then make an action plan on the best way to teach our team about these topics during our Monday meetings.
Why Do We Have Happy Calls?
Here at Monkey Wrench Plumbing, you're not just a number - without you, we wouldn't be in business! We use happy calls to bookend your Monkey Wrench Plumbing experience and provide you with a way to give us feedback. We then use that feedback to reinforce our teachings to our team or give them actionable to improve their service.
Now, before we go, we still want to provide you with opportunities to have a Monkey Wrench Plumbing experience in your own time. So, we’ve curated some posts to help you learn more about who we are and what we do.
- Home Protection Plan: What is it and How it Protects Your Home
- Monkey Wrench Plumbing: 5 Core Values
- 6 Steps to Expect During Your Monkey Wrench Plumbing Appointment
If you’re looking to learn more about plumbing, dive into our Learning Center; we have a bunch of educational blogs for you to become your home’s plumbing expert.
And if you have questions about your upcoming service, give us a call at (310) 853-8690 and press 2 to speak with our dispatch team.