Top Tankless Water Heaters in 2022
Are you in the market for a tankless water heater but are unsure which is the best brand? There are several different brands of tankless water heaters on the market, and deciding which one is right for you can be daunting with so many options available. But it doesn’t have to be.
In this article, we will talk you through the top tankless water heater brands in 2022, along with their benefits and drawbacks, so that you can make the best decision for you and your home needs.
Monkey Wrench Plumbing has been in business for over 15 years, and we have helped thousands of clients choose which tankless water heater is right for them. We are passionate about what we do, and by the end of this, you will have a better understanding of where to begin looking for a tankless water heater.
What Is a Tankless Water Heater?
Before we jump into the top tankless water heater brands in 2022, let’s first understand what a tankless water heater is.
A tankless water heater is a water heater that heats your water without the bulkiness of a tank. Unlike a conventional water heater that is storing the water inside of a tank, a tankless water heater has nowhere to store water and heats the water almost instantly as it moves through the heat exchanger, ultimately providing you with an endless supply of hot water.
If you’re still debating on if a tankless water heater is right for you, check out this article here to learn more about the differences between a conventional and tankless water heater.
Some of the popular brands of tankless water heaters include Noritz, Navien, Rinnai, Takagi, and Rheem.
Top Tankless Water Heater Brands in 2022
Choosing the right tankless water heater brand can be scary, considering how many options there are on the market today. However, do not fear because we have done the research for you and discovered the top tankless water heater brands in 2022 (in no particular order):
Noritz is one of the top tankless water heaters on the market and repeatedly pops up as a major water heater manufacturer, but how good are Noritz products compared to the competition? The tankless water heater brand offers several gas tankless water heaters that use high-end materials in all its products.
Nortiz’s EZ models are not only easy to install but are resilient and eco-friendly. They are wifi capable and also have special technical add-ons like two stainless steel heat exchangers, which make the tankless water heater more resistant to corrosion and scale build-up, prolonging its lifespan.
Noritz tankless water heaters come with both benefits and drawbacks, including:
- Better for bigger families
- Easy installation
- Double the lifespan. Nortiz tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years due to high-quality components, such as copper heat exchangers
- Some models can be controlled through wifi
- Safety; Noritz models come equipped with top-of-the-line safety features to prevent scalding hot water from leaving your fixtures at-random
- Don’t offer electric tankless water heaters
- Can only be bought in a supply house or from the manufacturer themselves
Navien is a sound choice if you're in the market for a new tankless water heater. The company takes pride in its products' quality, design, and user-friendliness. Navien may not be the most seasoned company in the tankless water heater industry, but it's earned a spot with some of the industry's biggest names.
Navien produces two main lines of tankless water heaters: condensing and non-condensing. A condensing tankless water heater gets the additional heat internally, while a non-condensing tankless water heater vents the steam outside, where it can cool outside the tank.
Some of the benefits and drawbacks of Navien tankless water heaters include:
- Offer condensing and non-condensing tankless water heater models
- Energy saving and are Energy Star Certified
- Some models offer wifi
- Small size
- Hot water arrives faster than most models
- Some models are not suited for large homes or setups with high demand for hot water
- Outdoor installation will need Navien’s outdoor venting kit, adding an extra cost
- Not easily accessible; cannot be bought in stores like Home Depot
To learn more about Navien tankless water heaters, click here!
Rinnai is one of the most popular tankless water heater brands in the country and also one of the oldest. These tankless water heaters are small and compact and use the latest technology to provide an endless supply of hot water. It has a track record for dependability and longevity. Most of the top models come with a limited warranty of 15 years in residential applications and 8 years in commercial.
However, the lifespan of a tankless water heater depends on several factors. Check out this article here to learn more about how long a tankless water heater lasts and what factors contribute to its longevity.
Some of the benefits and drawbacks of Rinnai tankless water heaters are:
- High-quality build
- Excellent performance and efficiency
- Offers both gas and electric models
- Newer models are offering wifi
- Easily accessible; can be bought in a store like Home Depot
- No electric tankless heaters
- Not recommended for large households
- Poor installation is possible; because you can purchase it yourself, if you install your tankless water heater incorrectly, you will run into more issues.
- Not all models offer wifi
To learn more about Rinnai tankless water heaters, click here.
If you are in search of a stylish, eco-friendly, yet affordable tankless water heater that will provide you with constant hot water whenever you need it, go for Takagi. A Takagi tankless water heater is unique in several ways as it is sized according to the peak flow water requirements to make sure that it suits your home, and its wall-mount design will also ensure that you don’t have to waste any valuable space. This gives you greater flexibility and more storage space to work within your home.
Did I also mention that it is one of the safest tankless brands on the market? Takagi makes sure users do not have to worry about their home’s safety by including safety features such as an overheat cut-off fuse, which ensures that the tankless water heater shuts down when there is a heating problem that could cause a fire. They also have water temperature safety control which helps maintain a steady amount of hot water flowing through your fixtures.
Some of the benefits and drawbacks of Takagi tankless water heaters are:
- Top-of-the-line safety features, such as the overheat cut-off fuse and the water temperature safety control
- Best for smaller families
- Extremely user-friendly and has easy temperature and flow settings
- Does not offer wifi connected models
- Some models are not suited for larger homes
- Not easily accessible; cannot be bought in stores like Home Depot
- Some models (like the T-H3-DV-N) will not work well in colder climates
To learn more about Takagi tankless water heaters, click here!
Rheem is one of the most popular water heater brands. Rheem water heaters are well known for their performance and reliability and are available in several options, including electric and gas tankless water heaters.
Some of the benefits and drawbacks of Rheem tankless water heaters are:
- Affordable and easily accessible, you can buy one at Home Depot
- Gas, propane, and electric models are available
- Easily accessible, which means if installed incorrectly, it’s not good
- Less sophisticated additional features
- Has one year warranty for labor
To learn more about Rheem tankless water heaters, click here.
Closing Out Top Tankless Water Heaters
Because tankless water heaters are an investment, choosing the right one for you can be daunting, especially considering how many options are available. However, when it comes to tankless units, Navien, Noritz, Rinnai, Takagi, and Rheem are among the top tankless water heaters this year. From easy installations to affordability, these five brands are the best on the market this year.
Eager to continue your tankless knowledge and better determine which tankless water heater is right for you? Check out the articles below to learn more about which size tankless is right for you (as size does matter with a tankless water heater) and what kind of maintenance you need to keep your tankless water heater running for years to come.
When it comes to tankless water heaters, Monkey Wrench Plumbing wants to set you and your home up for success. If you live in the Los Angeles area and have any other questions regarding tankless water heaters, you can call us at 310-853-8690, and one of our call center representatives would be happy to help you.