- 1 small can of green chiles
- 1/4 pound Mexican chorizo, removed from casing (grandma suggests doubling this)
- 3 cups shredded asadero cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- ½ cup of pico de gallo
- Warm corn and/or flour tortillas or chips, for serving
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Cook your chorizo (stirring frequently) over medium heat until crumbly in an ovenproof skillet. A cast iron pan works well.
- Drain the fat and add the green chilis to the pan, giving them a good toss to combine with the sausage.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake until all bubbly and melted.
- Remove skillet from the oven and top with fresh pico de gallo